Thursday, September 30, 2010

Our New Hobby

Lance next to our bikes
A couple of months ago I went mountain biking with my old roommate up Green Canyon. All it took was the one time for me to realize I was addicted. I started looking for a good bike to buy that same night. I never realized how expensive bikes can be until now. Lance and I rented two mountain bikes from Aggie Blue Bikes and I took him to the Green Canyon trail. He agreed with me...mountain biking is AWESOME! We decided that it was a good activity that we could start doing together. Luckily, Lance's parents are letting us borrow a bike; however, one bike makes it difficult to do anything together. A few days ago, I really wanted to go for a bike ride, just around the neighborhood. So without thinking twice, we went and bought us a new mountain bike from Wal Mart. I originally was totally opposed to getting a bike from there, but we decided that we just need something that works and will get us around, not something incredible. We're not exactly hard core bikers...yet, so we didn't feel the need to spend too much dough. We haven't had a chance to take them on a real trail yet, mostly because we need to acquire a bike rack first. Hopefully we can get that soon.
Lance on the new bike

On a different note, the USU-BYU football game is tomorrow night. Lance and I both have the night off and will definitely be attending and cheering our team on. Based on what I've seen of BYU this year, I think we have a decent chance of winning. We're both excited and anxious to see what happens. GO AGGIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment