Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mom



My mom...

...is wonderful.

...is constantly putting others needs before her own.

...has always been there for me.

...taught me everything I know.

Mom, 

I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done for me. You give so much of yourself to every person you meet, but especially to your family. You have sacrificed sleep so that you could work during the night and be home with us during the day. You have worn the same clothes for years, so I could dress in the latest trends. You never asked me to quit playing soccer, even though it would have eased your financial burden greatly. You have often sacrificed your own happiness for those around you.

You have taught me so much. You taught me skills such as sewing and cooking. You have taught me so much about how to be a mother. Whenever I have a question about anything, you are the first person I think to ask. I'm not sure what I would do without you.

I love you so much.

I wish I could share this in person, but I guess this will have to do. I heard this song for the first time two days ago and decided I wanted to sing it for you. With only 2 days of practice, it is far from perfect, but I hope you will enjoy it.

Love, Bobbi



She Put The Music in Me - Music and lyrics by Calee Reed

It started with rock-a-bye, comforting when I'd cryAll in her own styleThen popcorn before my eyes, turning frowns upside down
Into smiles
With songs of the birds up high, looking at the blue blue sky
The wind as it rushes by
Then leading me, guiding me, walking beside me she helped me
To walk in the light.

(Chorus)
She built my house on a rock
And she lives all that she taught
And she is all that a woman should be
She put the music in me

I knew He was really there, He heard my child's prayer
Answering from up above
She gave like a little stream, I was her sunbeam
And I felt my Savior's love
I saw her kneel and pray with our family every day
Listening to each whispered word
Gentle in deed and thought, all the things Jesus taught

Following promptings she heard

(Chorus)
She lives to search, ponder, pray
And she gives everyday
So her thanks will always be thanks indeed
She put the music in me

He made the tiny wings of each little bird that sings
In the leafy treetops up high
And all creatures great and small, I know God made them all
Because of her sweet lullaby

(Chorus)
She's like a star shining bright and helps me to choose the right
And she gives me the hope of a life yet to be
She put the music in me
She is so good to me, Heavenly Father sent her to me
She taught me to lift up my voice and sing
She put the music in me.
She put the music in me.
She put the music in me.



To all of the women in my life,  thank you. There are many women that I look up to and helped me to become the person that I am. Thank you for your love, support, and example.



**If you are unable to view the video, watch it here.**



No comments:

Post a Comment