Thursday, June 7, 2012

DYI Shirt Dress


While browsing the internet, I came across this blog called Elle Apparel where she has several tutorials on some really cute skirts and dresses.
            Isn't that super cute? If you click on the picture, you can find the tutorial of how to make it.

Then while I was shopping at Wal Mart, I saw some decent fabric that I thought would look cute and it was on clearance. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.

I was so excited about it that I hurried through it and didn't do a very good job. I'm not exactly thrilled with the final product, but it was a good start. If I were to attempt making another one, I know several things I would change that would make it a bit better. I love the long sleeve with tights look, so I think I'll attempt making a long sleeve one eventually. Until then, here is how mine turned out.

Hopefully the next one will turn out a little bit better, though I was feeling brave that day and wore this out to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment