Monday, August 26, 2013

Kaysville Apartment

It's fun to look back on all of the different places we have lived. It was an adjustment coming from our awesome place in Logan to this apartment. We were used to 3 bedrooms all on one floor, huge kitchen, a nice 2 car garage, and an awesome little backyard to play in.

Moving into this two bedroom place had its challenges. The kids were forced to share a room for the first time, and both of them went from sleeping through the night to waking up every 2-3 hours. And with 3 levels, it was difficult to listen for napping kids unless I was on the same level. There were a couple of times I was on the computer in the basement while the kids were napping and came up to discover one (or both) had been screaming for quite some time.

One of the things I missed most though, was having a fenced yard. It was really hard not being able to let Will go and play outside. And since we weren't familiar with the area, we didn't have a lot of options for getting us out of the house. Will and I went stir crazy being stuck inside all day for the whole summer.

But even with the flaws, I found I did enjoy living there for the most part. Kaysville is such a great little city and I would not mind living there again someday. We went on walks around the neighborhood frequently and I grew to really like the area.

Here is the apartment that we lived in during the Summer of 2013. Our unit was the one on the far right. One of the things I liked about this apartment was that it was in an established neighborhood. There were mostly homes, but then this random street of townhome complexes.
When you opened the door, there was a large living room. I have picture on my phone but I can't get it to load to the computer.
 

Here is the itty-bitty kitchen. Though I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to fit everything I had in these cupboards, with room to spare. So maybe it's not quite as tiny as it looks.

That giant pantry definitely made the difference. Would not have had the space without it.
The back door goes out to a little cement patio. I couldn't let Will out back or he would run around to the front to ring the doorbell. Stinks not having a fenced yard.
Between the living room and the kitchen there was a small hallway with a half bath, a coat closet, and the door leading to the basement.
This is standing in the kitchen looking down the hallway into the living room. The brown door is the front door.
The stairs curve around and at the top is a little landing.
This is standing at the top of the stairs looking into the master bedroom. The door on the right is a closet with shelves, and the door on the left is a bathroom.
Bathroom upstairs
The tub and sink had an interesting pattern.
This is the master bedroom.
It had a ton of closet space which I loved. One of the best things about the entire apartment.
This view is from the master bedroom looking into the kids' room.
This is the kids' bedroom. Even though it was only two bedrooms, at least the two bedrooms were very large. If they had been small bedrooms, I doubt we would have been able to fit.

There was also a lot of closet space which  helped out a lot.
And finally, there is the basement. When you come down the stairs, the rooms opens up into two sections. This is to the left. The washer and dryer are out of sight but hookups are down here. The room also curves and goes around to the left for a lot more space.

There was also a crawl space under the stairs where we put lots of boxes that we knew we wouldn't need access to. Like I said, we have A TON of stuff. The unfinished basement was perfect so we didn't have to get a storage unit. I really wasn't excited about having to do that.

And this is the space to the right. She offered to finish this part of the apartment and make a third bedroom, but it would've increased rent by over $100 per month. I didn't think it was worth it. We still decided to set up the bed even though it was unfinished. Our computer desk/office is around the side by that blue chair. 
Overall, the apartment really wasn't that bad. I think we could have been happy there for a while. Our landlord was a bit of a character (don't even get me started on her), but we had some great neighbors.

We had planned on staying here anywhere from 1-3 years, but things don't always go as planned. And we couldn't be happier.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment