Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Six months

Weight: 17 lbs 5.5 oz - 71%
Height: 26.5 in - 72%
Head Circumference: 17.5 in - 91%
Blake is growing fast and the doctor says she looks perfect. She isn't quite as big as Will was at this age, but that's ok. She is a happy, easy going baby.
In the past few days, Blake has started blowing a lot of raspberries. She will sit there and blow bubbles and entertain herself forever.
She also likes to jabber and squeal. Her favorite time to scream high pitch is during sacrament meeting.
Her hair is growing, though she still sports the mullet.
She is getting really close to being able to sit up. She can sit without assistance for a little bit, but if she leans too far one way she will topple over. She hasn't quite figured out how to catch herself yet, though she is getting better every day.
The first day I really started trying to get her to sit up, she was doing really well. Then suddenly she fell back and hit her head on the carpet. I think it scared her more than anything. But the rest of the day, every time I would try to sit her up, she would get this terrified look on her face and start freaking out. She would grab onto my hands and hang on super tight. If I tried letting go, she would start screaming.
Blake has still be squeezing into size 1 diapers. They are way too small, but I didn't want to just let a few go to waste. I may just end up putting them aside for the next friend who has a baby, cause they sure are snug on her. At this point, she could almost skip size 2 and go straight into 3s.
Blake is so much like her brother in so many ways. There are moments where I swear I'm looking at Will. But then there are many differences. She definitely has her own smile.
When she is super happy or excited, she has her special smile. Her smile is so big and she smiles with her whole face. Her eyes go all squinty, her cheeks and nose scrunch up, etc. I absolutely love when I catch one of those smiles.

Blake is definitely a hair puller. I wear my hair in a messy bun 99% of the time. I feel bad that I never do my hair anymore, so I'll wear it down. Then when she rips half of it out, I remember why it had been so long since I wore it down in the first place. Ponytails aren't good enough cause it still gives her something to grab. It has to be up in a bun, completely out of the way. Even then, she will often manage to grab some of my small wispys.
I also have to be extremely careful with the jewelry I wear. I wore a necklace to church yesterday that she was completely fascinated with. I finally threw her blanket over the front of me to try to hide my necklace so she would stop tugging on it.

She is almost to the point of being able to hold her own bottle. If I give it to her, she can put it in her mouth, but she hasn't quite figured out the need to tip it back to get the last little bit at the bottom. She usually does pretty well; however she drops it a few times and I usually have to hand it back to her and help her with the last ounce or so.
Blake cracks me up when she goes to sleep. She has this obsession with her blanket touching her face. So when you lay her down, she will immediately turn and shove her head into the blankets.
She has been a great sleeper. Oddly enough, it is really hard to get her to fall asleep when you are holding her. She will arch her back and squirm around until I lay her down. Then she calms right down and starts to fall asleep. Sometimes I have to let her scream for a few minutes. But after a few minutes of screaming, if I just go in and give her a binky, she is asleep within minutes.
She still isn't sleeping through the night but she is getting closer. She typically only wakes up to eat once, though occasionally she will get up twice.

She enjoys being outside and loves just looking around at everything.
She has been chewing on EVERYTHING in sight and drooling constantly. I keep thinking that maybe she is getting some teeth, but I have yet to feel or see anything.

When Will isn't screaming at her to wake up, Blake thinks Will is pretty funny. It's pretty easy for him to make her smile or laugh.

She has had a little red mark on her upper arm forever and the doctor confirmed that it is just a birth mark. She also has red splotching right above her neck. Her hair covers it so I doubt anyone will ever see it when she is older.
She is changing fast and her personality gets bigger every day. She is a joy to be around and we just love having her in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment