Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I'm a Big Girl Now

Look who decided she was done with diapers!

Blake is going on about 2+ weeks wearing underwear and I think she has this whole going to the bathroom thing down. She even survived a trip to Cedar City without any accidents. Most mornings she wakes up dry, but she still has an occasional accident during the night. 

Funny enough, I believe Will did most of the potty training. I decided one day that I was going to do it, but within about 2-3 hours I had given up. Every time I would leave the room it seemed like she would have an accident. And I wasn't willing to stay within 5 feet of her for several days. I am way too lazy and just don't have that kind of energy right now. So I gave up and decided that I would do it after the baby comes and I was stuck home anyways.

Over the next week, Blake was constantly taking her diaper off and putting underwear on. I would ask her fairly often if she needed to use the restroom and would help her if she said yes. But Will was definitely her biggest cheer leader. He was always reminding her to go potty, and was always right there to help her. And when she was successful, he was jumping around, cheering for her, and running to tell me the good news.

So long diapers! (At least for another 7 weeks or so.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy happy day!!!!! Enjoy the next month or so having a diaper free house!

    ReplyDelete