Friday, November 6, 2015

Austin's Newborn Photo Session

I originally thought that I would try to take Austin's newborn pictures myself. I feel like I'm getting better with my camera and I was excited to try it out. I figured the least I could do was try, and if I didn't like them, then I could pay someone else to take some. 

While we were in the delivery room, I got my camera out to take some pictures but it wouldn't turn on. I recently got a new battery, so I thought maybe it was the wrong battery or something. Lance ran it down to the battery store and they said it was fully charged and should be working. Suddenly my only camera was my phone, which wasn't quite what I was hoping to use for her pictures. 

I called around to a few photographers, but most of the decent ones were booked out several weeks/months. A friend of mine recommended Hanna Roberts Photography to me and luckily she had an opening a few days later. 

While we were there, I also had her take a few shots of Will and Blake.


I was in the other room feeding Austin while she took the kids' pictures. I could tell that Blake was being quite the pill and not cooperating. Big surprise there. She is the most difficult person to photograph. Either she is making crazy faces, has her hands covering her face, or is simply trying to run away. Getting her to hold still is nearly impossible. So I am happy she was able to at least get a decent shot of her.
 
I especially love this last one of her. Though I wish her hair would have been less out of control. It doesn't like to stay "done". 
And then for the really hard part. The kids couldn't wait to go play and were not excited to take more pictures. Blake refused to sit closer than a foot to Will. Likely this picture was captured right after I picked up Blake, set her down right next to Will and dashed away as quickly as I could. Seriously, it was a bit of a joke. I didn't want to waste more time trying to get an impossible picture, so we gave up and moved on to Austin and let the kids run wild.  
At home, this girl is hardly ever awake. And it almost takes work to keep her awake. But as usual, once you try to take pictures, you can't get them to go to sleep. We sat there and waited about 45 minutes for her to finally doze off. She wasn't thrilled with not having a blanket and would wake up every time we tried to take it off. 


 Probably my favorite picture of the whole group!




 I also really like this one. 






Thanks Hanna Roberts! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I love my kids so much, and I am grateful to have Austin in our lives.


Photo credit: Hanna Roberts Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment