Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Austin's Blessing Day


 
Austin was blessed on February 21, 2016 by her grandpa Hinton. Lance's dad gave Austin an amazing blessing. It was beautiful. Austin wore a dress that my aunt made for me. It has been special to see both of my girls blessed in the same dress. I couldn't decide if I wanted them to share a dress or each have their own, but I'm glad I ended up just using the same one. I think it makes it extra special. And the dress is beautiful and should be used as much as possible.
We picked the date kind of out of the blue and only told our families a few days before. Because of such short notice, I figured we probably wouldn't have very many people come. And I was ok with that.


But I was wrong. Nearly all of my family was there, as well as those in Lance's that live in the state and a bunch of friends. After the meeting when we got back to our house, I did a little head count. At one point, I counted 51 people at my house. If you have been to my house, you know that my house can not hold 51 people. To say it was a bit crazy is a bit of an understatement. Fortunately the weather was great and some people were able to eat outside and lessen the crowd a little bit.




Austin was super tired after Sacrament meeting so I ended up putting her down for a nap while the rest of us had some food. Thinking about it now, I'm wishing I would have tried to keep her up a little bit. Everyone came to support her, and she was sleeping most of the time. And I was busy trying to keep food going, kids out of trouble, and talking to everyone that I didn't even get any pictures. I really wanted a picture of Austin and Scott, and at least one family picture. But neither of those happened. I didn't even get a picture of Austin in her dress, so I had to put the dress on a different day to take some pictures. Talk about "mom fail".
I was overwhelmed with the support and love that we were shown by our families and friends. I didn't expect so many people to come and share in Austin's day. I only wish I could have visited with everyone longer. I'm so grateful for everyone that brought food or helped in any way. We are definitely blessed and have a great support system.

 We are all so love with our little Austie girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment