Monday, September 5, 2011

Book of Mormon Challenge


A couple of weeks ago I received an event invitation on Facebook to join "Reading the Book of Mormon - Fall 2011". Lance and I have never been in a good habit of reading our scriptures together so I immediately decided that we would do this together. We started on September 1st, and will finish on December 31st. As of this moment on Facebook, there are 40,154 people committed to reading the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Plus I am sure that there are many more out there that are also part of it but either don't have Facebook, or simply didn't accept the invitation.

It feels so good to be a part of something that is so great. Thousands of people around the world are reading this wonderful book together. It isn't the easiest challenge, but Lance and I are committed to succeed. We didn't start off the best; in face, we completely forgot about it and missed the first day. And even missing ONE day is quite a bit to catch up on! But we did. And as of now we are right on track, and we are planning on staying that way.

For those of you who haven't heard about this, it is not too late to start.I challenge anyone who has never read The Book of Mormon, or even those who read it daily to take part of this event and join us in finishing it by the end of the year. I know that it will bless your life. If anyone does not have a Book of Mormon, I can either lead you where you can get a copy, or I will personally give you one myself. Any questions regarding the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can be answered at  http://mormon.org/

For a copy of the suggested reading schedule::
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=268337676515260
or
http://db.tt/HBEy8Rt

If you are unable to get it from those sites, I can e-mail a copy at your request.


No comments:

Post a Comment