Monday, April 6, 2015

New Camera!

This past weekend, I bought myself a new camera. A fancy DSLR camera (Nikon D5000) with a couple extra lenses and all the fun stuff. Only problem, I have absolutely no idea how to use the thing. But I am determined to learn and become actually decent at taking pictures. I spent the morning watching some YouTube videos, reading instruction manuals, etc. then I went out and decided to experiment a little. I'm quickly discovering the the best way to learn is to get out there and take pictures. Now if only my kids would sit still so I could play with different settings and see how each one changes the picture.

I got these two pictures during my first attempt. I'm not sure if you could consider them amazing pictures, but I'm don't feel like a complete failure either.  For no editing, the exposure isn't terrible, their faces are in focus, the background is slightly blurred like I was going for.

I plan on watching a lot more tutorials, taking an online photography class, and taking oodles of pictures. I'm really excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment