Saturday, February 26, 2011

31 Weeks!


Only 9 weeks left!!

I am SOO excited that we are finally past the 30 week mark. It feels like a big milestone and now we are into the single digits...of weeks anyways. Time is going both fast and terribly slow. I feel like January and February passed pretty quickly, but 9 weeks is still sounding like such a long time to wait to see our little man. The average baby at this stage is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 lbs. He should be gaining more weight here pretty quickly in the next few weeks. I am feeling him move a lot more these days, though it is still very light and hard to detect. I am grateful that Will is so kind to his mother and does not kick me hard enough to hurt. But it is really nice and comforting to feel some movement and know that he is ok. I noticed he moves most late at night or early in the morning. I have tried telling him that it is nighttime and he should be sleeping; hopefully the message will sink in before he is born. A few days ago, Lance felt him move for the first time. It was probably more exciting for me than it was for him, but I have been very anxious for Lance to be able to feel him too. We have our next doctor appointment next Friday, and the day after is my baby shower in Salt Lake. I am crazy excited for it. I have a lot of friends coming that I have not seen in years, as well as many family members. I just can't wait to see everyone and catch up with people.

We are taking a "Prepared Childbirth" class at the hospital and we had our first class this last Wednesday. We discussed typical symptoms of pregnancy and what different things we had been experiencing this far. We talked about things to expect in the coming months. We discussed the signs of labor and how to know when it's time to head to the hospital, or just a false alarm. At the end of class, we went over a few relaxation techniques which were nice. They included having our husbands give a hand massage, or rubbing our backs. I told Lance those were definitely techniques that we would be practicing a lot at home :) Our class next week will focus more on the actual labor and delivery. I think these classes will be good for several reasons. Number one, I think it will help the time go by a little bit faster. Secondly, I think it will help Lance feel a little more involved and part of this pregnancy. And number three, I think it will provide us with some useful information.

Things are going really well for me so far. I have been feeling good and I am so grateful that I am still able to do all of the things that I need to and want. I have realized just how BLESSED I have been throughout this entire pregnancy. I have been much more tired and emotional lately but that is to be expected. I realize that there are far worse things and I am so grateful that I have been this fortunate this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment