Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 Months

Will is now going into his 3rd month. We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives. He brings so much joy into our home and we just love him to pieces. I feel like he is growing so fast and getting so big. Sometimes I just stare at him, determined to keep him small. While I often look forward to the day that he is a bit more independent and doesn't rely on us so much, I know that I will miss these days as well. I am trying to cherish every moment and do everything I can to make his live as good as I can.
Will has grown significantly in the past month. Maybe not so much in his size, but definitely in his abilities and personality. Though he is growing physically as well. He is, overall, a very happy baby. He is content to just lay on the floor or sit in his chair, especially if being talked to. While he does well on his own, he thrives with attention. He will be sitting there doing his own thing, but once someone starts talking to him or just smiles at him, he gets the biggest grin in his face and gets so excited.
Within the past few weeks, he has definitely become a little jabber box. He'll just talk and talk and talk. His talk and his cry are sometimes very similar, so it can be hard to tell if he is just talking to himself or upset.  Here is a video of him singing along to some Taylor Swift.

Will loves to stand when you hold him. His legs are really strong and he can support his own weight for an impressive amount of time. He gets so excited when he stands and just loves to look around.
He can now recognize Lance and I. If someone else is holding him and we walk by, his eyes will follow us across the room.
I feel like I am getting to know my son so much better, as I should feel. I am getting much better at recognizing what is wrong and getting him calmed down. There are still times where he may be upset and I'm not sure what the deal is, but those times are reducing. He can be a pretty sensitive kid. When he wakes up in the night/morning, the routine is to change him, swaddle him, then feed him. He calms instantly when he is initially picked up. Then when I put him down on the changing table to change his diaper, it's like his feelings get hurt and he cries that much harder.
Will has gone to the pool at least 6-10 times this summer. He will sit in his little tube forever! He is so content to just chill in the water with me. Most of the time it is me that gets sick of it and wants to get out. He loves bath time at home also. He will kick and flail his arms and gets so excited.
He has also started to laugh a lot more. His giggle is SO DANG CUTE! I live for those moments each day. He is very ticklish...at the right times. When he is in his happy state, he is typically pretty ticklish and I can get a good laugh out of him. Two nights ago, I had him standing on my lap and I was holding his arms. I grabbed his hands and clapped them against my cheeks. He laughed so hard it had me laughing. And he kept laughing and laughing. Finally after a few minutes, I had Lance grab the camera to video it...and of course that is when he decided he was through. One day I will get a good video of him laughing.

There was a period where his bowel movements suddenly stopped and became less and less frequent. He went from a messy diaper several times a day, to one every few days, then suddenly they seemed to stop altogether. It made me really worried, so I called the doctor to talk about it. They said that with breastfed babies, sometimes the baby just absorbs all of the nutrients and there is no waste left. They said that it wasn't a problem unless he didn't poop for over 7 days. I waited and waited, and still nothing came. After 7 days had passed, I called the doctor again. They said again that it was ok unless he was fussier than normal and pulling his legs to his chest. He was still as happy as normal, so I continued waiting. So for any mothers out there who may be experiencing something similar, don't panic. It's ok.
When Will is being fed, he almost always holds onto my hand. He especially likes to grab my thumb that is holding the bottle. Sometimes, he will just grab the bottle instead. He probably could hold his own bottle, he just doesn't really want to yet.
Chillin in the grass at softbal

He is starting to grab at things now. We have a floor mat with dangling toys and he is starting to grab the toys and play with them.

Will's sleeping habits are improving greatly. We finally have a routine established. He usually gets tired and goes to bed between 10pm-10:30pm. Then he will wake up anytime between 5-7:30am. There was about 4 days straight where he was sleeping about 8 hours through the night. But then he would be awake for the day around 7am, which was slightly early for me. Now, he is getting up a little earlier, but then going back to sleep for a few more hours. 
Taken at 6am when I first walked into his room.
Poor Will inherited my sweat genes. It has been a super hot summer and more humid than usual thanks to the wet winter. This is not good news for our swamp cooler. Needless to say, there is a reason we are at the pool so often and a reason I've downed about 500 otter pops so far. There are times Will's head is just completely soaked with sweat. Often times in the morning, the pillow will be soaked where his head was. We try to keep him cooled as much as possible. He's handling it like a champ though.

Lance's dad has started referring to Will as "no neck" as most of the time it appears he doesn't have a neck. Part of that is due to the clothes he wears and the collars, and part of it is because he really has very little neck. It is really hard to clean and get all of the spit out of his little rolls.

Will also had his first hair cut within the past few weeks. The top of his head was getting pretty long and had some stragglers. So I just trimmed the few little hairs. It was such a little amount, I didn't think anyone would notice. So I was extra surprised when Lance said something about it. His hair on the sides and the front is finally starting to grow in so I am hoping to eventually even it all out.

I'm excited to see what the next month will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment