Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blessing Day

William Scott Hinton was blessed on July 3, 2011. We really appreciate all the support we received from family and friends. I know many were not able to make it, due to it being a holiday weekend, but we still had a very good turn out.

All of my siblings were there, and that is never an easy thing to accomplish. My sister Kim drove up from Cedar City late Saturday night and left shortly after the blessing. And my brother Tony, drove down from Boise Sunday morning and left soon after as well. I felt bad that they traveled so far for such a short visit, but I really appreciated it.
Lance also had all of his siblings there, except for his brother Garrett who is on his mission. That is also a big deal, as Melissa lives in Arizona and Julie lives in California. It was definitely an exciting weekend, surrounded my a lot of family.
Lance did a really good job on the blessing. I was so proud of him. There was a running joke about Lance changing the name to Sloshy Bartfarsters. Thank goodness Lance did the correct name. I gave a small sigh of relief after that part of the blessing. I had really wanted to get the blessing recorded somehow, but it just didn't happen. Here are a few of the things I remember though: Lance blessed Will with good health, a thirst for knowledge and understanding. He blessed him with a desire to help people. Will was blessed with a desire to go on a mission and afterwards be able to take a young woman to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. I can't remember the other things, but they were all along those lines.
After church, we all went over to Lance's parents house to mingle and have lunch. My mom had made delicious pulled-pork sandwiches. We also had a salad to go with it, apple slices, and tons of cookies for dessert. It was a lot of fun to have everyone gathered and have time to spend together. Several people had to leave shortly after, but many were able to stay and chat for a while. Lance even had the slack line set up outside and had all of my brothers and nieces and nephews trying it out.

Everything turned out so well, and I was very happy with how the day went. Will looked so handsome in his blessing outfit. I am so blessed to have such handsome boys in my life. I love both of them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi!!! He is so stinkin adorable!! I want to meet him in real life and hate that I haven't! You guys are just the cutest parents and I am just obsessed with you guys! Congratulations girl! Cutest mom! :) Much love.

    ReplyDelete