Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2 Months

2 Months
Length: 24" - 84%
Head Circumference: 44.5cm - 79%
Weight: 13 lbs 3 oz - 82%
Will is definitely growing just fine. He is above average on everything  and the doctor said he is doing great. Here are some things to remember about the last month:

He will now smile all the time. When I talk to him, make noises, tickle his cheek, clap his hands, etc. All of those and more will make him smile.

He has also started making noises back at us. When Lance lays him down on the bed, Will will sit there and just talk back and forth with Lance.


A new thing in the past week is that Will now is frequently sucking on his bottom lip. It makes for a pretty funny face and gets me laughing quite often.

Will has slept through most of church for the past 2 weeks, even though he slept well the night before.

He is starting to get into more of a routine at night. I don't want to jinx myself by talking about it but... Will has been going to sleep between 10:00pm-11:00pm and will sleep until between 5am-6:30am. There were a few days where he would then be up for a while. But the past 2 days, he has gone back to sleep for a few more hours. It has been really nice.

There was one time, about a week ago, that he started holding his breath while screaming. He turned really purple and I thought he was going to pass out. It really scared me and I hope its not something he's going to start doing often. He did it again today when he got his shots. Poor guy.

He moved into size one diapers fairly quickly, and now they are already seeming to be tight. Guessing he'll move onto size two here sometime soon.

His clothes fit him pretty good around the stomach, but they are short lengthwise. You have to stretch it pretty good to snap it around his bottom.
Within the past week, he has worn newborn onesies, 0-3 month onesies, 3-6 month shorts and shirt, and a 6 month shirt. Most of his newborn clothes are too small, and he is now growing out of many of his 0-3 month.

We are blessing Will next Sunday, July 3rd. His blessing outfit is so adorable and I can't wait to put him in it.Quick story: At the store I bought it at, they do absolutely no returns on the white outfits. They let you try them on your kids in the store, but if they spit up or damage it in any way, then you have to buy it. So I tried it on Will and everything went well. Then I put him back in his car seat while I put the outfit back on the hanger and got it put away. When I went to check on him, he had spit up all over his clothes. Wow, talk about a close call! Less than 2 minutes after he was out of the clothes.

He is getting much better with the binki and will now take it more and more. He still does not sleep with it, which I am happy about.


Where before, he would cry every time you put him down, he is now able to stay content just laying on the couch, or sitting in the swing. It has made such a difference and has been so nice just to be able to put him down and have him remain happy.

He has been to the pool twice, but has yet to get into the water. The doctor gave us the go ahead and said that we could take him swimming. We plan on going tomorrow, hopefully.

I am able to put him down for sleep when he is not completely out. We used to have to rock him to sleep until he was in a deep enough sleep that he couldn't feel us putting him down. Now I can put him down when he is still opening his eyes occasionally and he will just put himself to sleep.

We still swaddle him every night for bed. I've noticed when I swaddle him good enough that he can't escape, he usually sleeps for longer stretches of time. But when he's not sleeping as long, it's because either his legs or his hands have broke free.

He still sleeps on his boppy during the night. His naps are pretty much anywhere, so I know he CAN sleep on other surfaces and on a flat bed. However, he's been sleeping so well on his boppy that I'm too chicken to take it out and try him on his mattress. Maybe someday.

The poor kid has inherited the Woolsey sweat genes. I've noticed he sweats pretty bad when he gets hot.

He only spits up on me when I do not have a spit cloth handy. But when I am prepared and anticipate him spitting, he never will. Go figure.

He is pretty picky about having a clean diaper. Once he has a wet/dirty diaper, he wants it changed pretty promptly. And I swear that he holds in his next one until right after we put the clean one on. I can't count the number of times he'll go right after I change him.

He has gotten pretty good at his "Blue Steel", "Magnum", and "La Tigre" faces.


He started saying mom at 8 weeks old. I swear! Haha. Sometimes while he is making noises/crying, he will go... "ma ma ma ma", or at least something that sounds just like that. Either way, I claim that my baby can say my name and it makes me happy when I hear it.

He doesn't really like my big, black camera. He will be talking and smiling a ton until I put it in front of his face. Then he just looks at it and finds it too interesting.

His hair is growing quite a bit and is almost too long to spike it. I'm debating whether to give it a very small trim so I can spike it for his blessing day.

I try to read to Will at least once a day. I wish I could say that I was succeeding at this. There are several days I have forgotten or just found something else to do. My goal is to read the entire Conference issue of the Ensign to him. I think it would be good for both of us. So far, we have gotten through only about 3-4 talks, but I guess it's a start. I really need to work on that.

During sacrement meeting on Sunday, Will let out an audible toot. It had the sister behind us and the couple in front of us laughing pretty good. I'm just waiting for him to have one of his explosive poop/farts while it is silent during church. I know it's bound to happen eventually.

He likes to go on walks.

Cold wipes no longer bother him and he rarely cries during a diaper change. He will usually only cry if he is starving and I make him wait while I change his diaper.

I would say he is, overall, a pretty happy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment