Friday, June 3, 2011

Softball Season!

That's right! It's time for SOFTBALL! Our Stake does softball every summer, and it is definitely one of my favorite parts of the summer. Lance and I played last summer and we had a blast! Neither one of us had every really played softball before, but we found that we can hold our own on the field. I am so excited for softball again this summer. It's just a great time to get out, be active, have some friendly competition, and get a free meal once a week. How could you say no to that?!

Anyways, yesterday was our first game. Unfortunately, Lance had to work. Hopefully he'll be able to get Thursdays off from now on so he can play. Crossing our fingers. It was pretty cloudy, windy, and looked like it was going to rain at any minute. I debated whether or not I should take Will out in it. In the end, my desire for company and free food won, and Will and I braved the cold. I bundled him up, and it ended up not being that bad. I mostly just watched the game, but I did get up to bat once and I played outfield for 2 innings.

Here's a picture of Will all bundled up and ready to go.
Doesn't he look so excited?
We moved during the middle of the softball season last summer, so we ended up kind of playing for our old ward and also playing for our new ward occasionally. I must have just been having a really good day that first time we played with our new ward because now my bishop things I'm this amazing player. It's pretty funny and slightly annoying. Yesterday as I was getting up to bat (he was pitching), he yells out to the other team, "You better watch out. This is our secret weapon. She's just had a baby so she's been rehabilitating, but she's back now." No pressure bishop! Luckily, I ended up getting a decent hit and got a few runners home. The annoying thing is is that everyone thinks I'm this great player and expects me to get a good hit. So when I actually do get a good hit, its not a big deal. However; if any other girl even hits the ball, they make a huge deal about it! Haha, it really doesn't bother me, I just find it highly amusing. Oh bishop, if only you knew that I've never really played softball before in my life. Then again, having someone think your awesome is kind of nice! ;) Just hope I can live up to it!

We were down the entire game and it wasn't looking too good. We were last up to bat and the score was 11-15. We got two outs fairly quickly. Then a miracle happened. Bases were loaded and one of the girls in our ward had a great hit and got to third. Then we had another hit. Score was now tied. Finally, another girl stepped up and hit a double, sending in a runner and winning us the game. Go girls!

On the side note, while we were waiting for the game to start, I noticed Will needed his diaper changed, and fast. He'd had a blowout and there was poop all over his pants. So I hurried into the church to get him changed. When I took his pants off, I found....a clean onesie. Yeah, confused me too. There was poop on the back of his pants, but no where else. Not on the blanket, his legs, back, outside of diaper, onesie, NOWHERE. How does that happen? Still a mystery to me. But hey, I'm not complaining. Just means I didn't have to change his whole outfit. Yay!

And lastly, here is a few pictures from the past week or so.
Chubby cheeks

First time holding a rattle

This is my favorite! Too cute!

Chillin on the changing table

Sleeping on dad

No comments:

Post a Comment