Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

 Christmas was great this year. All of Lance's family gathered together at his parents house and we enjoyed a great holiday together. There was a lot of delicious food, good conversation, and plenty of presents. I could go into a lot more detail but that would probably take forever, not to mention that it would bore you to death. Instead, I'll just overload you with pictures. Yes, there are a TON, and I apologize that many are a little blurry. Other than that, enjoy!
 Not sure how much Will was helping Melissa and Julie with the puzzle.
 
 You thought this picture was taken AFTER Santa came, right? Believe it or not, there were this many gifts under the tree BEFORE Santa came.
 I told Rylee to smile for the camera and this was the result. Goofy kid.
 Spending some time with Melissa and her dog Izzy. There was a time Izzy got right up in Will's face and started barking. It scared the crap out of Will and he kind of freaked out. Haha.
 Chad and Rylee relaxing on the couch.
Will's cousin Gavin. They had fun playing together.
Christmas Eve right before we were going to open up our pj's.
 I thought Will would try ripping the paper off since he loves to shred paper, but he just looked at it.
 
 
 
 
Will in his new pj's.
 On Christmas Eve, all of the family gathers around for a special "program" of sorts. We read the Christmas story out of the bible, played the chimes, then listened to some musical numbers by family members.
 Alaya playing the chimes.
 Julie and dad doing an excellend job with their chimes.
 These girls are SO talented. I am constantly blown away with their abilities. Julie did a beautiful job singing to finish off our program.
 Will was tired and grumpy by the end and ready to get to bed so Santa could come!
 I wanted matching jammies for the three of us. I never realized, how expensive they were to buy, plus how hard it is to find cute Christmas ones. After some debate, I finally just decided to make them myself. I created my own pattern for Will's. I'm sure they weren't Lance's favorite, but I think they turned out cute.
 All of the family on the stairs Christmas morning.
 We get up at 6am sharp to open presents, so we were all a bit tired looking.
 Lance going through his stocking.
 Will playing with a toy that he got in his stocking.
 
 
 Hard to tell exactly, but there were so many presents under that tree. Normally we open presents one-by-one to see what everyone gets. But with 9am church, we were afraid we wouldn't get done in time so we went through opening presents pretty fast.
 
 Our first Christmas with Will.
 It was a bit early for Will. I don't think he quite knew what was going on. I think next year he'll be a lot more fun for the holidays.
 Lance enjoying the hat I made for him.
 Look at these adorable matching aprons that Julie made for the boys.
 As with everything, he had to give it a taste test.
 
 Isn't that apron so cute?! Guess Will's going to have to start helping in the kitchen. Amber also made me a super cute apron, but I never got a picture of it. Definitely excited to use it though.
 We intended on having a small Christmas this year, but somehow we ended up with all of this thanks to parents and family. Man did we get spoiled.
 
 We got season 1-2 of The Big Bang Theory, tons of clothes for me, tons of clothes and toys for Will, and a Batman game for Lance. Plus Lance got me a beautiful mirror. I absolutely love it! But it's pretty big and I don't think we have room for it. :( I think I'll exchange if for a smaller one, though I wish I didn't have to. Still considering storing in and saving it for later...we'll see.
 Lance and I with all of our stuff. (At this point, Will was back asleep.)
 
 Rylee trying out her new bike the day after Christmas.
 
 Julie and Gavin.
 
Trying out Melissa's glasses...can I pull them off?

Congratulations if you've made it this far. We hope everyone had a great Christmas!

And I'll end with one final picture. Last one, I promise. Another family picture on Christmas day right after church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment