Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gratitude

I know this is a bit late, but having just celebrated Thanksgiving, I really wanted to do a post about the things I am grateful for.

I'm grateful for:

1. Lance - He is my best friend and probably knows me better than anyone. Even though he goes to school  and works, he never complains when I make him help me around the house. He does so much for our family and I appreciate him so much.

2. My kids - Even though Will can be hard at times, I am so grateful for him and his personality. He teaches me so much and I love having him around. And while we haven't met our little girl yet, we love her and are excited for her to join our family.

3. My mom -  I talk to my mom almost every single day. She is always helping us out, or sending Will little packages in the mail. She has always been there for me and I don't know what I would do without her.

4. My in-laws - I was blessed to marry into an amazing family and I just love my in-laws. They do more for us then I think they realize, and we are so appreciative.

5. Other family and friends - I love my siblings and wish I got to spend more time with them.

6. Good health - We have been extremely blessed to not have any serious medical problems so far. We are very healthy overall, and for that I am so grateful.

7. Work - We are also very fortunate that we both have stable jobs. They aren't ideal jobs and don't make nearly enough, we are grateful for the opportunity to work and provide the best we can right now.

8. Medicine - Will has been sick recently and it's amazing how much a little bit of medicine can help. I'm grateful for doctors and all hospital staff for their hard work and dedication. 

9. Our house - Although our place isn't "officially" ours and we don't own it, I'm am so grateful that we have a nice place to live and that we live in a safe neighborhood for our kids. We have been very fortunate with our housing situations so far.

10. Music - Music has always had such a huge impact on my life and I can see how much it already affects Will. He can usually be calmed down pretty quickly by singing some primary songs or other peaceful songs. Or he can get excited and riled up when I have some upbeat music going.

11. Prayer - I'm grateful that we are able to talk with our Father in Heaven and express how we are feeling. I love how Will constantly reminds me that we need to pray. He even made me bless his oreo the other day before he would eat it.

12. School - We are so blessed to live in a country that has so much opportunity to learn and grow and pursue whatever dreams we may have. I am so grateful for the chance I had to get my degree and that Lance is able to go to school to better provide for our family.

13. Books - I have a deep love for reading. There is something about sitting down, forgetting all your problems, and getting lost in a good book. It's one of the few things that I consistently make "me-time" for.

I have been blessed with SO much and I know sometimes I fail to recognize how blessed I really am.

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, you have such a great family and I miss you dearly! I love reading your blog to keep up to date on what's going on with you! Will sounds like quite the character!

    ReplyDelete