Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday and Superbowl

Because of my lack of pictures, I just decided to combine these into one post.

My birthday was pretty much a typical day,  and I like it like that. The night before, Lance was asking, (more like begging) me to open my presents. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I told him I wanted to wait until my birthday, so I opened them up first thing that morning. Lance got me Photoshop! I have been using a website called Picnik to edit my photos for the last 8 months or so. But they are shutting that website down, so I no longer have a program to edit my pictures. I was super disappointed and not sure what I was going to do. Photoshop didn't even really cross my mind, so I am grateful for Lance's thoughtfulness and I really appreciate the gift. He also gave me an assortment of candles to make our house smell good. There is just something magical about having the glow from a candle, plus the great smell filling your house.

Unfortunately, Lance had class for most of the day. But another gift that I was going to get was a smart phone. I asked Lance if I could go get it while he was in class since I didn't have much else to do. I ended up getting a Droid Bionic. At first, it was really difficult to use and I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. But I like it more and more as I figure out how to use it, and I am very happy with my choice.

When Lance got home from class, Will had just barely fallen asleep, so we had to wait for him to wake up before we could go anywhere. Once he finally did, we dropped him off at the parents and went window shopping for a bit. Then we had dinner at the Pita Pit. I chose there because it is amazing, plus it has some really healthy options. I told myself I was going to splurge a bit and let myself eat what I wanted for my birthday, but Pita Pit honestly sounded the best. Normally I would pick Sizzler or Golden Corral, but I was craving Pita Pit. Kind of weird, but oh well. After Pita Pit, we went to Twizzler Berry and got some frozen yogurt. Also found out that you get it free if its your birthday.

We picked Will up and got him home to bed, then we just relaxed and watched some tv. It was a pretty chill birthday, but I thought it was a really good one.

Now for Super Bowl time. Lance had originally invited two couples over to watch the game, but one of them ended up getting sick. So there were only four of us. We had chips, all sorts of different dips like hummus, 5 layer dip, and chilli dip, pizza, plus a few other things. I missed most of the game, because I was either baking the pizza or taking care of Will. I didn't mind much because I really wasn't interested in either team. It's just not as fun to watch when you don't have a team to support.

Well, there's my quick update. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll be taking more again, especially now that I have Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment