Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Success

Today marks the official end of my 30 Day Challenge to lose 10 pounds. It's hard to believe that it has already been 30 days. Part of me feels like I just started, and yet it's become such a routine that I feel like I've been doing it forever.

I honestly feel like my life has changed...for the better. I get excited to work out, and I enjoy eating healthy food. I have more energy throughout the day to take care of Will and to be productive around the house. I feel much happier, and I am starting to feel a little better about my appearance.

This last Sunday, I had a bit of a rough time because I just didn't like what I was seeing in the mirror. I felt like I was seeing the numbers drop on the scale, but not much change in my appearance or how my clothes fit. I got kind of down and discouraged. Finally I just had to tell myself to be patient and that it would take time. And while being patient is definitely NOT EASY, I'm going to try being better and celebrate the small victories. (Such as having to tighten my belt.)

While most of the time, I can't really see or notice a difference in my body, I know that it is changing. It became especially apparent after looking at these before/after pictures taken today. Yes, it's not a HUGE difference, but I think it's not too bad for 30 days.


January 16th -February 15th
I had my official weigh in at the sports academy and I dominated the scale today. The promotion  was that if you lose 10 pounds in 30 days, then they give you $10. The goal I set for myself was 15 pounds. Now are you ready to hear the results?

Weight loss in 30 Days: 17 lbs
Guess who is $10 richer!! Woot woot! Obviously, I am very happy with that number. Plus I have also dropped my body fat percentage by over 4%. I'm excited to continue this journey and prove to myself that I have enough self discipline to be a healthy person.

Stay tuned to see further results from 30 Day Shred!

8 comments:

  1. I think you look dang good! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great!! Keep it up! You can definitely tell a difference. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look amazing! That is awesome and makes me want to get to the gym! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome!! So proud of you! You look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. "One hott momma!" owe owe! You look so great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness you look AMAZING girl! I can't believe what a hard worker you are! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbi, you seriously look AMAZING! You are inspiring! Love you and your little family. You guys are just the cutest! :)

    ReplyDelete