Monday, February 27, 2012

10 Months Old

This month has gone so fast. And Will just seems to be taking off. He is learning so much and I love seeing him grow. He is such a curious boy and has to observe and touch everything.

In Will's mind, his job is to pull EVERYTHING from where it belongs. Among his favorites are scattering all the DVDs, removing all towels from kitchen drawer, etc. He is very good at this job. If you ever come to our place during the day, chances are you'll find our house in utter chaos. There is no point cleaning up while he is still awake.
Whenever someone heads into the kitchen, Will is right behind following. But he does this thing which I find absolutely hilarious. He'll crawl as fast as possible until he reaches the stair landing. Then he has to pull himself up so he's standing against the stairs, and he'll side step across the stairs. Once he's made it past the stairs, he'll drop back to the floor and begin crawling again. He does this every time. It would be so much faster for him to just crawl the whole way, but I've never seen him skip standing on the stairs.
I've noticed that Will now sleeps on his stomach or side. One day I glanced in his room while he was napping and found him cuddled up with a blanket. It was so cute, I had to grab my camera. Unfortunately, I woke him up a bit in the process.
Bath time has become interesting because he doesn't like to sit and play anymore. Instead, he'll stand up against the wall and yell at you. And if you make him sit down, within seconds he'll just be right back up.
Will loves to stand against anything. If you stand still for too long, he will grab your legs and pull himself up.

He learned the hard way that you don't pull 5 lb dumbbells toward your face.
 
Will has this new little squinty-smile. He scrunches up his cheeks, squints his eyes, and smiles.
We had to cut Will's hair again...well 2 different times. The first time we trimmed the front because it was so long it was going past his eyebrows. So I trimmed that just a bit to keep it out of his eyes. The second time we had to trim around his ears because he started gouging at his ears again and making them bleed.

I think his hair is getting curlier. He has always had some curls in the back, but now occasionally it'll show on top (especially when wet). I love it!
We had our first real "scare" when Will fell down the stairs. To read more about that, click here.

Will has also learned how to climb up the stairs. Luckily, he doesn't seem too interested in climbing them. It may have to do with the fact that I yell and get angry any time he starts. The only time he really tries is if I go upstairs and leave him alone downstairs. Then he'll try to follow me. One time I was sitting on the couch and looked over and he was about 5-6 steps up and standing. I ran over just as he toppled backwards and caught him before he fell too far.
He eats a lot of the foods that we eat. He went on a kick of having at least one peanut butter and jelly sandwich a day, but then I think he got sick of them and would throw up if I put a bite in his mouth.
He LOVES bananas. I think they are his favorite. For a long time he had a really hard time picking them up because they are so slippery, but he's getting a lot better. He also really likes raisins, mac and cheese, peanut butter cheerios, etc.
Will drinks water through a sippy cup. Although he can hold it himself, he usually doesn't tilt it up enough to get anything, so I usually hold it for him.
He has a fascination with anything electronic, such as xbox, remotes, phones, controllers, ipod, etc.
He loves to read and loves to turn the pages. He gets mad if you don't let him hold it and if you don't let him play with it.
Will likes to play catch. If you roll a ball to him, most of the time he will roll it back or he tries to throw it. His throws often end up behind him, but we'll work on that.
Look at all of those teeth! Will has 5+ teeth. The 6th one is in the process of coming in.
His favorite thing is to open and close doors and drawers. If you put him by a door, he will swing it back and forth forever. It keeps him entertained for a while, but he usually ends up shutting it and I have to open it for him. He also has the need to open and close EVERY drawer he sees. This has become a problem as he'll hold on and close the drawers tight on his fingers. He does this at least several times a day.
He is such an observant kid and I feel like he is good at figuring out how things work. He can see cause/effect relationships and is very aware of what he is doing.
Will also gets a kick out of being held upside down. He'll drop his hands above his head and just giggle. Then when you pull him upright again, he will arch his back and throw his head back down.
I feel like he'll never get on a consistent sleep schedule. A miracle happened last week and he started sleeping through the night, like from 8pm-7am. It was heavenly. Unfortunately, it only lasted 3 days until he started teething a little and now he's back to waking up 1-2 times per night. Someday....

He is mostly in 12 month clothes, and he even wears some 18 month clothes. Though his 6-9 month clothes still fit him pretty well.
Grocery chopping has even become interesting because he doesn't like staying in the cart for too long. He'll reach over as far as possible until he is practically falling over the side.
I think he is starting to understand the word "no". When he is doing something that he shouldn't, I tell him "no" very firmly and sometime give a small slap to the hand. He usually looks at me confused, but if I continue saying it again and not allowing him to do what he was doing, then he stops. Sometimes he freaks out and begins screaming, sometimes he just moves on to something else.
He hates being left alone. If I put him in a room and walk out, he will panic and scream like crazy. I also discovered that he hates when I open the trunk while he is in the car. I'm not sure why, but he flips out every time I open the trunk. Even if I am standing off to the side and he can see me. It's a bit strange.
We're pretty attached to this boy and we sure love having him around. Although there are times it can be difficult being a parent, Will truly does bring so much joy to our lives.

1 comment:

  1. His hair is so adorable. I won't lie....I am a little bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete