Monday, January 16, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Once the holidays were over, I honestly felt like crap. I spent the entire month of December loading my body with chocolate, cookies, and everything else I should probably avoid and my waistline was feeling it. My pants were feeling tighter, and my shirts aren't fitting quite how I want them to. I decided that I want to live a healthier lifestyle. Yes I know that losing weight is one of the most common New Year's resolutions and the one that people probably fail the most at. Luckily, my New Year's resolution is not to lose weight. One of my resolutions is to run a half marathon sometime this summer. I will probably either run the one up at Bear Lake in June or one down in Cedar City at the end of the summer. Still haven't decided yet.

At the start of the year, I started forming the habit of going to the gym. It is amazing how much can change in just two short weeks. I already feel healthier and like my endurance is improving. I feel great and am excited to keep getting better. I am so much more productive during the day after I get home from the gym.

Last week, I noticed a sign-up for a 30 Day Challenge at the Sports Academy. If you can lose 10 lbs in 30 days, then you get $10 on your account. I know $10 doesn't sound like much, but it was enough to motivate me that much more. 

So today I met with a personal trainer who weighed me in and measured my body fat percentage. Sorry, but I'm not quite ready to disclose that information. Then we talked a little bit about some goals. While I only need to lose 10 lbs to complete the challenge and get the money, I want to challenge myself even more. My goal is to lose 15 lbs over the next 30 days. My weigh in date is Feb. 15th.

I will be doing weekly (if not more) updates on how I am doing. This is mostly to hold me accountable. I feel like by posting this and announcing it to the world I will be more likely to actually follow through. Plus I need the support of family and friends. If you offer me something to eat, and I decline...please don't pressure me to eat it. And don't be offended; it has nothing to do with you.

I decided to do before and after pictures. I'm not sure you'll even be able to see much change with only 10-15 lbs, but we'll see. Also, this picture is terrible/embarrassing and it is going to help motivate me.

Ick, those are worse than I thought. Well, say goodbye to that Bobbi. I'm really hoping she'll go away and not come back. Wish me luck!

1 comment: