Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been closest to the longest


This is a picture of me and my sister Cindy. This picture was taken back in December 2010 on her wedding day. It only took me a few seconds to debate who I have felt closest to for the longest. While I feel that Lance knows me the best and is my closest friend, I had to eliminate him for the "longest". Afterall, I haven't even known Lance for 2 years. My sister and I have been pretty close our entire lives. We are about 2 1/2 years apart, but a lot of the times it felt as if we were twins. And it didn't help that most people thought we were. Every one of my good childhood memories includes her in it. I honestly can't think of one where she doesn't play a role.

Some aren't necessarily fond memories, like the time she threw a jelly bean at me and it hit me in the eye and had me crying forever.

Or the time we were at my grandparents in Escalante riding a four-wheeler and she made me back-flip off the back, face first into the dirt.

Or when all I wanted was to be included in her group of friends and hang out with them, and she would leave me behind at home. Remind me why she is one of my closest friends?

Maybe it was all of those times jumping on the trampoline, trying to outdo eachother with tricks.

Maybe it was all of the time she spend helping me do my hair and teaching me new things.

Maybe it was the hours we used to spend playing soccer together or going to eachother's games.

Maybe it was all the times she and her boyfriend were going out and they would invite me along. 

Maybe it was the times we would lock ourselves in a room, singing at the top of our lungs to Disney music.

Maybe it was all the trips to the lake or the dunes.

Maybe it was the joys of having two wardrobes since we could share most of our clothes.

And maybe it's because through the good times and bad, she has always been my there to support and cheer me on.

For all of these reasons and more, my sister is one of my best friends and always has been. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment