Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blessings

We definitely scored big with the neighborhood and ward in which we live in. Our neighbors are amazing and are helping us constantly, it seems. EVERY time we have had more than an inch of snow, Brother Moyes has cleared our driveway and sidewalks with his snow-blower. He has even done it more than once in a single day. I've tried telling him it wasn't necessary, but he always says he enjoys the exercise. Thank you.

One storm in particular was pretty bad and we received several inches, but it was super wet snow. Our street didn't get plowed for several days because we live on a cul-de-sac. One morning, I woke up and the plow had come and we had a pile of snow blocking our driveway. Temperatures had dropped, so now it was a solid sheet of ice. I tried shoveling, but I was barely able to scrape off the top layer. Lance pulled out his pick and started breaking the ice apart. Before you know it, a different neighbor was there with a plow attached to his four-wheeler clearing our driveway for us. Thank you.

The engine in our Saturn blew up several months ago, so we have been down to one car. It can be very difficult at times. A neighbor across the street has offered to let me borrow her car any time I want, and said she would even watch my kids while I did the errands. I haven't taken her up on that yet, but I appreciate the offer. So thank you.

As Christmas started approaching, we had SO many people stop by to wish us Merry Christmas and give us something. All of our neighbors brought us delicious plates full of goodies. The Bishopric stopped by with a stocking full of oranges. Home teachers dropped by. The days before Christmas, our doorbell was ringing constantly with people bringing stuff by. I was completely overwhelmed and grateful for all of the amazing people the we live by.

I usually try to make treats or something to give to neighbors, but this year I just didn't get around to it. I felt bad receiving so much and having nothing to offer in return. Next year I am definitely stepping up and doing more for all these great people we are surrounded by.

And to top it off, there was a time we were doorbell ditched and left with a pile of presents at our door. There was a note inside that said "For your kids: Santa does exist". Again, I was overwhelmed and stunned at the amount of love we were being shown. I wish I knew who it was so I could do something nice for them. So whoever you are...Thank You.

We have only lived here a few short months, but I already look up to so many great families. We have some amazing examples here in our circle and I am grateful for the lessons they are teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment